The Student World is delighted to be organising its 8th annual Huddle (Careers Advisers Study Abroad CPD Day). As the number of UK students studying abroad continues to increase year-on-year, with no indicators of slowing down, such an event is an important part of the conference calendar.

What?

The Huddle - Study Abroad CPD day for HE Advisers.


Our Huddle is a unique networking event, connecting high school Higher Education Advisers (Careers, Advisers, Heads of Sixth Form) with international university representatives. It is designed to inspire and enthuse and help you incorporate Study Abroad into your Careers Education Advice and Guidance Strategy, as well as give you the opportunity to meet with specialist advisers, universities, and government agencies from around the world. The day-long seminar programme will provide a platform to learn about the opportunities available for your students, as well as the more practical side of applying to overseas universities, such as application processes and finances. You will come away better able to advise your students and with a network of experts to call upon in the future.

When?

Friday 22 nd March 2019, 09.30 - 16.40 (registration from 09.00)

Followed by Drinks Reception and networking from 16.40 - 18.00

Where?

Pullman London St Pancras Hotel

How much?

FREE to Careers Advisers and Heads of Sixth Forms, or anyone with responsibility for Higher Education Advice in schools (incudes lunch, refreshments and drinks reception).


Places are limited, please register here.

Why?

To help you build and deliver a study abroad strategy as part of your successful schools and colleges Careers Education, Advice and Guidance Programme.


So you are better informed and able to advise your students about a wider range of opportunities, and so they can make better choices about what’s right for them.


This day-long seminar programme will provide a platform to learn about the opportunities and the application processes, and you will come away with a whole host of reasons why students should consider going abroad for their education.

Click here to register

Don't just take our word for it!

Here’s what previous attendees have had to say


Outline Programme

09.00 – 09.30 Registration, refreshments and networking
09.30 – 09.45 Welcome and Overview of the Day
09.45 – 10.45 Seminars
10.45 – 11.15 Coffee Break and Networking
11.15 – 12.00 Seminar
12.00 - 13.00 Networking Lunch
13.00 - 14.40 Adviser-University meetings (5 meetings x 20 minutes)
14.40 - 15.00 Coffee Break & Networking
15.00 - 16.40 Adviser-University meetings (5 meetings x 20 minutes)
16.45 - 18.00 Drinks reception and Networking

Seminars Include

Overview of different countries and their application systems; for example, USA and Canada, and a special edition Brexit Session.


Plus the afternoon presents opportunities to speak direct with university Admissions Directors and Government Agencies in a series of one to one meetings.

Click here to register

Did you know?

  • UK universities are not necessarily the best for certain career paths.
  • The UK holds 12% of the world’s top universities. What about the other 88%?
  • It can be easier to get into a higher ranked university overseas easier than in the UK.
  • In addition to lower fees and gaining a valuable global experience, internationally mobile British students have a higher chance of scoring that first-class degree as well.
  • Internationally mobile students are more likely to have higher starting salaries than their non-mobile counterparts.
  • International experience is increasingly being expected by employers.

Some Stats:

  • More and more UK students are asking about their study abroad options - according to UNESCO Institute for Statistics a whopping 31,078 UK students studied abroad in 2017.
  • According to a recent report undertaken by UUKI (Universities UK International), 77.7 percent of internationally mobile British students score a graduate job, compared to only 70.5 percent from the non-mobile student cohort.
  • UUKI’s report also found that internationally mobile British students have lower unemployment rates, at only 3.6 percent, as compared to those who were non- mobile (4.4 percent).
  • A recent survey conducted by The Student World (January 2018) showed that a massive 73% of students (years 11-13) would consider studying overseas for all or part of their Higher Education.
  • 1/3 of the world’s CEO’s have had some form of international study experience.
Click here to register

If you have any questions please email our School Liaison Officer Anna Birbeck on , or call her on 07917 582 989.