It will be a pleasure to have you as a member

Please provide us with some basic info so we can get you started. After answering a few questions in this section, you'll have full access to EDUFINDME. Make sure to fill out your complete profile as soon as possible so that the best schools and programs can start noticing all you have to offer!

Account Information

Personal Information

I am a parent searching a study abroad program for my children

What you look for

  • High school, or Secondary school, refers to the intermediate education between elementary school and university or college. It is the traditional second stage in formal education, typically beginning at ages 11-13 and ending usually at ages 15-18. High schools typically offer general, technical, vocational, or college-preparatory curricula.

  • Vocational education or Vocational Education and Training (VET) prepares trainees for jobs that are based on manual or practical activities, traditionally non-academic, and focused on a specific trade, occupation, or vocation. It is sometimes referred to as technical education as the student directly develops expertise in a particular group of techniques ortechnology. Vocational education can be at the secondary or post-secondary level and many times includes an apprenticeship system where the student receives "on-the-job" training directly from an experienced professional inthe field.

    Vocational, Career, Technical programs
  • The bachelor degree is a standard qualification awarded by a college or university to a person who has completed undergraduate studies. Most courses take three to four years to complete and are almost exclusively delivered by universities. Also referred to as Undergraduate, Post-Secondary or Baccalaureate.

  • Specializing Master (1st level) is specifically part of the European Educational System.

    Specializing Master (1st level) - European System
  • Specializing Master (2nd Level) is specifically part of the European Educational System.

    Specializing Master (2nd level) - European System
  • A master's degree is an academic degree granted to individuals who have studied 1-2 years beyond the bachelor or undergraduate level and demonstrated a mastery of a specific field of study or area of professional practice. Within the area studied, graduates possess advanced knowledge of both theoretical and applied information.

    The two most common types of master's degrees are the Master of Arts (M.A.) and Master of Science (M.S. or M.Sc.) which usually require two years of full-time study to complete. The pattern of study can follow one of the three following forms or a combination of:

    1. Coursework - comprising coursework, project work and research, much like a Bachelor's degree
    2. Research - comprising substantial research and completion of a major thesis
    3. Professional - comprising a workplace-based project.

    The Master level of study can also be referred to as Postgraduate or Graduate level.

  • PhD, which is the abbreviation of Doctor of Philosophy, is an advanced academic degree awarded by universities. The PhD or equivalent typically requires at least three years of graduate study and a dissertation approved by a board of professors.

    In most countries, it is the highest degree one can earn (although in some countries, higher doctorates are awarded in Law and Medicine). The PhD has become a requirement for a career as a university professor or professional researcher in most fields. (Loosely translated from its Greek origin, Doctor of Philosophy means "the pursuit of in-depth knowledge" and does not refer to the scientific field of philosophy). Also called a Doctorate.

  • A Certificate or Diploma usually refers to a short course of study that provides the student formal recognition of career competency in a single subject. They vary in length (some are few months some are up to 2 years) and are offered at both the undergraduate and graduate levels.

    In some countries, such as Australia, Pakistan and India, a diploma is a specific academic award of lower rank than a bachelor degree (and in some areas an Advanced Diploma falls in between as well). Courses at Diploma, Advanced Diploma and Associate degree level take between two to three years to complete. Diploma and Advanced Diploma are titles given more practical courses, while Associate degree is given to more academic courses.

    These courses are usually delivered by universities, TAFE colleges, community education centers and private providers.

    Certificate / Diploma courses
  • Executive education programs are short graduate-level academic programs that are designed for managers <> and mid-range professionals who are working full-time. These programs focus on specific professional areas and usually last less than 1-2 years while allowing the students to maintain their full-time employment.

    Executive Programs
  • Extension programs are instructional courses designed primarily for part-time adult students to bring participants up to date in a particular area of knowledge or skills. Often referred to as Continuing Education in the U.S. and Canada or Further Education in the U.K., all of these terms can be used to describe the broad range of post-secondary learning activities for adults. Some examples of these courses are: degree credit courses for non-traditional students, non-degree career training, workforce training, formal personal enrichment courses and self-directed learning.

    Extension Programs
  • A language program is any kind of program that includes the learning of a foreign language. An increasing number of people are now combining holidays with language study in the native country. This enables the student to experience the target culture by meeting and interacting with local people. Such a holiday often combines formal lessons, cultural excursions, leisure activities, and a homestay with a host family or some other accommodations arranged through the program.

    Courses can be offered in groups or on an individual basis and are generally geared towards communicative competence in a foreign language as well as local culture and history. These courses are generally short-term but some can last for up to 1 year. Participants vary widely by age, educational background, work experience, and language proficiency.

    Language Programs
  • Distance education, or distance learning, is a formalized teaching and learning system specifically designed to be carried out remotely by using electronic communication. Students and instructors typically communicate and access information solely via the Internet while some programs require periodic on-site presence for various reasons, such as examinations. This emerging technology can take place at many levels and is becoming widely used in universities and institutions, especially on an international basis. Also referred to as e-learning.

    Online Distance Learning
  • Masters of Business Administration programs attracts a wide range of academic disciplines. Students in MBA programs have the option of taking general business courses throughout the program or can select an area of concentration to focus part of their studies in this subject. (Part-time, Full-time and Executive).

US Dollar EURO   currency converter